Redmi Pad Unveiled! Check out the current price and features
On Tuesday (4), Xiaomi announced the Redmi Pad, the first tablet from the company’s subsidiary brand. The tablet was unveiled with solid gaming capabilities and offers an excellent visual experience at a reasonable price.
- Meta found a way to track iPhones — and is being sued for it
- How to customize the Apple Watch Ultra Action Button
The Redmi Pad is blessed with MediaTek processor, stereo sound with Dolby Atmos, and a high-quality screen.
The Redmi Pad ships with the MediaTek Helio G99 chipset, which has proven to be popular among mid-range devices such as the POCO M5 and the Moto G72.
Accompanying the chipset are 3 GB, 4 GB, or 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB or 128 GB of storage, with no possibility of expansion via Micro SD cards.
The screen is one of the tablet’s key selling points, featuring a 10.6-inch IPS LCD panel with a 2K resolution of 2000 x 1200 pixels, 10-bit color depth, 400 nits typical brightness, and a 90 Hz refresh rate.
The Redmi tablet hosts four stereo speakers on the sides with Dolby Atmos technology.
Being a tablet, the Redmi Pad ships with a simple set of cameras, consisting of an 8 MP front sensor and an 8 MP rear sensor housed in a very flashy module, reminiscent of some of Xiaomi’s recent smartphones. The selfie lens draws more attention because it has some features designed for video calls, such as the wide 105° field of view and FocusFrame, which keeps the user framed even when he moves.
The 8,000 mAh battery promises more than “21 hours of video playback” and “more than 12 hours of gameplay“, while also bringing 18 W charging. The design is another highlight of the device, which features a metal body and is available in Graphite Gray (grey), Moonlight Silver (dark gray and silver gradient) and Mint Green (green) colour options.
Read also>> How To Make Music Longer On Instagram Story
In addition, Xiaomi’s new tablet offers Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity, and maintains the USB-C port despite the focus on cost-effectiveness. It is also worth noting that there is no fingerprint reader or support for mobile networks here.
The operating system is Android 12, running under MIUI 13 with some optimizations for the big screen, and there is a promise of 2 major updates and 3 years of security updates.
Redmi Pad Price and Availability
The Redmi Pad goes on sale in India as of this Wednesday (5), through Xiaomi’s official website, with availability scheduled for October 12 at the following suggested prices:
- 3GB/64GB — 12,499 rupees (~BRL 790)
- 4GB/64GB — 14,999 rupees (~BRL 950)
- 6GB/128GB — 19,999 rupees (~BRL 1,270)
There are still no details on the availability of the device in other countries.
Redmi Pad Key Features
- Display: 10.6-inch IPS LCD, 2000 x 1200 pixel resolution, 90 Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color depth, 400 nits typical brightness
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G99
- RAM memory: 3GB, 4GB or 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB or 128GB
- Rear camera: 8 MP (Main)
- Front camera: 8 MP (105°, FocusFrame framing)
- Dimensions: 250.5 x 158.1 x 7.1 mm
- Weight: 465 grams
- Battery: 8,000mAh with 18W fast charging
- Extras: Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.2, quad stereo audio with Dolby Atmos, USB-C port
- Available colors: Graphite Gray (grey), Moonlight Silver (dark gray and silver gradient) and Mint Green (green).
- Operating system: Android 12, under MIUI 13.